Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Snowflakes and snow.

Joe and I have cut paper snowflakes almost every Christmas that we've been together. Our snowflakes get better each year!  We kept these up for a couple months after the holidays because we still had lots of snow and winter weather.








 It's been snowing every few days for the last 4 months, but we thought you might enjoy some pics from the snowfall in December/January. Almost 100 inches of snow this winter in the city! It even snowed every single day last week, which was weird to see for mid-March. (Keep in mind that this is a mild winter! And we're obviously thankful for that.) As a new Buffalo resident, I expected much more snow and much more accumulation than we've had. The winter has surprised both of us--some days have gotten up to 50 degrees... But usually within two or three days, the temperatures would drop again and we would get more snow. I am, however, learning to appreciate the beauty and stillness of snow. I really like how it sits on the sturdy, and not so sturdy, tree branches. I love seeing a thick layer of snow on the trees and the branches laboring to hold themselves up.  We've used our snow boots used regularly, but we will be happy to pack them away as soon as spring arrives!









Our very skinny, long, snowy driveway that I back out of every day!

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me! Those are the most beautiful snowflakes that I have ever seen!!! We want snowflake making lessons. :)
    The real snow is beautiful, too. We can't really comprehend that much snow.
    Loving you and missing you
    Your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are gorgeous snowflakes! And I love the pics of the snow at night - you're right, how serene. :)

    ReplyDelete